Vaginal pain during pregnancy is a common complaint about many expectant moms, given a growing baby, the increased volume of your blood, and the law of gravity. Interestingly, this is not just the third trimester when a common pain can strike. Some women report vaginal pain in the first and second trimesters.
The exact cause of vaginal pain can be difficult to diagnose. However, you have to be sure that this is perfectly normal. Here is the possible cause and how to relieve it.
I. Vaginal Pain During Early Pregnancy
Is cervical pain a sign of early pregnancy? It can be. Do not blame your baby if you have vaginal pain in the first trimester, or you have cervical pain during pregnancy second trimester. In the early weeks of pregnancy, your baby may be too small to be the reason. However, there are many other causes to blame.
As your uterus develops, you may experience the sensation of cramps in the early weeks of pregnancy. If you feel pain like cramps, watch for signs of vaginal bleeding. If you are bleeding or spotting, call your doctor. Cramping is one of the common symptoms of miscarriage.
Constipation can also cause vaginal pain. As iron increases (thanks to prenatal vitamins) and the surge of pregnancy hormones that cause havoc on your digestive tract, the vaginal pain you feel may be related to your need for relief.
If that is the case, make sure to consume lots of fiber and drink plenty of water. Also, ask your doctor about stool softener that is safe to take during pregnancy.
II. What Causes Vaginal Pain During Pregnancy?
Although the pain in my private area during pregnancy is usually experienced by many pregnant women, there may be underlying medical conditions in some cases.
1. Increased Blood Flow In Pregnancy
The common cause of vaginal pain during pregnancy is due to increased blood flow to the vagina. Moreover, the cause of pain in and around the vagina is when more blood flows into the womb. During pregnancy, the blood flow increases up to three times. It pressurizes the uterus and causes sharp pain in the vagina. The vagina and surrounding structures may show tenderness and swelling. This can cause the slightest pain to touch.
Actually, the sensitive vagina can increase sex drive. However, many people assume that involving sexual activity can lead to more pain. Even though, it actually relieves pain. Women may involve in sexual activity during pregnancy, especially when they experience vaginal pain. This can help relieve vaginal pain and swelling.
2. Vaginal And Dilation Pains During Pregnancy Caused Due To Cervix Dilatation
When vaginal or cervical pain during pregnancy third trimester occurs, it may be related to cervical dilation. Sharp vaginal and groin pain during pregnancy third trimester can occur several weeks before labor. Discuss with your doctor as early as possible and watch additional symptoms. Immediate medical help should be sought if the sharp vaginal pain is accompanied by vaginal bleeding.
3. Tubal Or Ectopic Pregnancy Can Cause Vaginal Pain
Ectopic pregnancy may be difficult to diagnose, but medical advice is needed if you miss a period, and accompanied by sore breasts and vaginal pain. Dizziness and moderate spotting or bleeding may raise the suspicion of ectopic pregnancy.
III. Finding Relief For Vaginal Pain During Pregnancy
Focus on breathing and try lying on your side to relieve vaginal pressure and pain immediately. You can also try the following ideas.
1. Try relaxing in the bath with warm water, do not use hot water. You can also stand in the shower and direct water to your back.
2. If possible, avoid sudden movement. Try not to twist at your waist. Try to change your whole body, instead.
3. Use a pregnancy support garment which is also known as a belly sling. It is designed to support your abdomen, hips, pelvis, and lower back.
4. Get a prenatal massage with a licensed therapist who specializes in treating pregnant women.
5. Do not stop if you exercise regularly before pregnancy. Keep exercising consistently and can be changed as needed. Ask your doctor if you are unsure about how to modify your exercise.
6. Try sitting down as much as possible. If possible, elevate your legs.
7. How to relieve pelvic pain during pregnancy: do some pelvic exercises, such as rolls and tilts pelvis.
That is the causes and how to relieve vaginal pain during pregnancy. You can take precautions for the cause or perform the treatment if you experience pain in this area. In addition, you may wonder about tubal pregnancy symptoms that may be signed by this vaginal pain.