So you think she might be pregnant.
We are here to help BOTH YOU AND HER! You are in this together! We encourage you to come with her when she schedules an appointment for a FREE Pregnancy Test or a FREE ultrasound.
Here's some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
1) Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
2) Express yourself honestly - it's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear; but, make sure she knows she is not alone.
3) Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
4) Talk about it - not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
5) If she feels comfortable, we encourage you to come to the appointment with her to help in the decision making process.
6) Gather all the facts. Get all the information and make an informed choice, a decision that is best for both of you.
1) Don't bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly and can send her the wrong message about you.
2) Don't pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
3) Don't forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.